Fifteen days later, it will be the Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节). Mooncakes season.
I always prefer the piglet biscuits (猪仔饼). Love to dip them with my hot milo. I just like how the biscuit absorbs the milo, like a sponge. 哈！哈! 哈!
Every year, I will make a few batches of piglets for home consumption and some to share with my colleagues in office. This year is not any exceptional.
- Add the flour in a big bowl. Make a well.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Fridge the mixture for 60mins.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Dust the wooden mould with flour. Scoop a handful of mixture. Roll over some flour to prevent it from sticking with the wooden mould.
- Press the mixture firmly into the mould. Hit the mould against a hard surface, diagonally. The moulded mixture will fall on your palm.
- Brush a layer of egg wash.
- Bake for a good 15-20min or until when it turns nice golden brown.
- Cool it on the cooling rack before storing in an airtight container.