A receipe passes down from my 外婆, to my Mum. In my eyes, it’s the best!
Quality 面粉馃!!!! Without a doubt.
I dont usually eat this outside cos it just cant beat my Mum’s standards. Unless I have a gigantic craving for it.
Ingredients – Stock
White pepper corns
Use a generous amount of these basics in order to create a very naturally sweet and nutritious stock.
When you drink it, you will know it is truly 真才史料!!! Not your typical MSG-stock!
- Add some oil into the pot.
- Stir fry the ikan bilis till fragrant.
- Add water.
- When water brings to a boil, add in chicken breasts.
- Boil for another 90 mins (at least) until the stock becomes a tad whitish.
Taste it. If you find it on a bland side, you can always drop you a small piece of chicken stock cube.
Ingredients – dough
1kg plain flour
2 eggs. Some oil. Pinch of salt. A glass of water.
- Make a well in the flour.
- Add in the eggs, oil, salt and water.
- Knead (Round 1). Knead the dough until it is smooth-textured, very firm, and dry
- Let the dough rest for a good 10-15 minutes.
- Knead (Round 2).
- Cover with a wet tea towel to prevent the dough from drying up.
Dust the pasta machine with some flour. While dusting, spin the rollers to coat them with a very thin layer of flour. Dusting will keep the dough from sticking to the machine as it is being rolled out.
Set the dough machine on the smallest setting to begin with. so it could transform to a thick sheet.
Increase the setting progressively. The length of the pasta will have increased dramatically. The pasta will be thin and have transformed into a long sheet.
Adjust the setting based on your preference how thick or think you would like you sheet to be.
How would you like to create your noodles to be?
Or simply, cut them into diamond shapes.
Or just tear them into pieces.
Most in my family like to add this vegetables in the noodles – 薯仔菜.
Hmmm Im still finding what the English name for it.
I like the taste of it in the soup but not eating them physically.